Matthew Sebastian Michael Gaffen FMP Log

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Slightly dissatisfied but quietly confident

So,

I've decided that if I continued with the plan set out yesterday I was going to wind up losing my sanity. These projects may well all continue to go ahead, however only one will be focused on for the end of year show. I'm aware that submitting one where I stipulated three may well damage my final mark, but I'm not sure the original intention is possible at this late stage. I blame this on Diesel.

In any case, here's a quick sketch of the 'bath' for the MATERIAL 'Hot Ice' ident:


It's been quite some time since I've worked with 3D software and I'm quite new to Google SketchUp, so apologies for the poor quality.

The idea is that the outer tray is filled with the water, the inner logo with the 'ice'. The red lines are tubes - I didn't want to make a stencil. the construction of the inner tray will be thin, transparent perspex or acrylic - I want to give the impression that the water has automatically frozen into that shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment